Old 07-17-16, 09:00 AM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
Good for you, unfortunately there is no touring on E-Bikes sub forum, just this thread, the other one (thread) that I believe you actually started, got locked.. There are two choices If I was a moderator, I would start an E-bike touring forum in the E-Bikes forum, or an E-bike touring forum in the touring forum... JMO/suggestion if anyone is listening... Well, I guess three, one could just ignore the developing issue, BUT, that is, (E-Assist is) where bicycling is going in the future...
I totally disagree that e-bikes are the future of bicycling. Canoeing is a good example. I have a beautiful 1937 Thompson canoe. I also have an sleek kevlar 17.5' marathon canoe. While the design and material have changed the means of propulsion remains the same. This has not changed even though a few people will use small outboards on a canoe.

Being self propelled is what draws many people to bicycling, kayaking, canoeing, backpacking, nordic skiing, etc. People with a different perspective will gravitate toward motor boats, motor driven cycles, snow mobiles, and ATVs.

I believe that while e-bikes will become more popular, they will not be the "future" of bicycling.

Last edited by Doug64; 07-17-16 at 09:20 AM.