Old 07-27-16, 08:49 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by Caretaker
Glad you brought this up onbike.

I started a thread here which recounted an encounter with a couple of young fit and healthy people on Ebikes and how I was shocked that young fit and healthy people would choose Ebikes rather than bicycles to engage in touring. I was accused of 'having nothing better to do' than criticise others, it was suggested that I would be sneering at Ebikers and I was described as 'judgemental' on this thread by someone who a couple of posts later was judging his fellow workers for their attachment to commuting by automobile.

Maybe it's because I'm older and grey that they're picking on me.
Maybe it's because you saw some strangers doing their own thing and not hurting anybody but you felt the need to start a thread on a bicycle touring forum to see if anyone else wanted to participate in judging them the way you did. Perhaps some people wondered what the relevance was to bicycle touring and whether it belonged here (sound familiar). That you are older and grey might have just made some wonder why you didn't know better. Perhaps older is equated to more mature and mature people have issues with gossiping about strangers? Perhaps, just because you ride a bicycle doesn't make the rest of the behavior ok.

IDK, just some alternative theories.