View Single Post
Old 07-06-20, 07:43 AM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22570 Post(s)
Liked 8,918 Times in 4,152 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I think that's long been the primary function for most, so I don't see any shark jumping. Obviously, serious cyclists are more interested in segments, leaderboards, improving vs themselves and vs others... but Strava has a lot of casuals. Do you think that you would have stopped looking at segments if they were still laid bare in front of you?
Of course I would still be eyeballing a few segments post-ride. It's a 30 second "check" that I used to do.

My annoyance is that this feature used to be free and now you have to pay for it. This is the ONLY aspect of Strava that I "miss" and I only miss it a smidge, so for me it's not worth getting the paid version (which I know has lots of other features, but I have zero interest in those).

If Strava had 3 tiers, a free version (like now), a basic version that kept the segments for $15/year, and the premium version, I would probably consider getting the basic paid version. But it's their product and they decide what to offer.