View Single Post
Old 07-30-21, 05:11 PM
ciclista_pazza

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Absolute, Yokota mountain bike (199?), 1979 Schwinn Le Tour Mixte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I suffer from "hot foot" which is a Neuroma under the point where the small toe meets the metatarsal. My podiatrist tells me it's mostly due to stretching of the assorted ligaments and tendons that comes with age, thus there's less support provided for the middle of the foot, I will on occasion use inserts that support the foot, but also have migrated to a shoe that has a stiff midsole, carbon Shimano SH-XC-7's in this case. Thus better support in the middle of the foot. If I were commuting and got wet regularly, I might end up with 2 pairs of shoes, wear one pair while the other dry's out.
Thanks! For me, the issue is not so much the shoes getting wet, which I know will happen and I'm ok with alternating with the rain shoes later in the day if I need to, but I'm worried the expensive SAS shoes won't hold up to getting wet all the time since they are fancy pants orthotic shoes Just curious if other people on this site have experience with this particular shoe and riding when it rains. I've seen people on this forum mention that they wear those shoes biking but I haven't seen anything about how they do in the rain. Since they cost a fortune, I just wanted to see if anyone can give me some tips before I take the plunge. If they will be destroyed by rain, I'll try to just continue to use the rain shoes during Arizona's monsoon season and try to avoid any riding in the rain with the SAS shoes.