Old 10-28-21, 05:33 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10237 Post(s)
Liked 5,184 Times in 2,225 Posts
Originally Posted by Dimago123
maybe I was rounding up in my head. But it was like $2300 for TCR and $3200 for the specialized

I should say, that lower end TCR comes with rim brakes and the trek and specialized carbon models are disc only. In Chicago where I live there is very little elevation. Very flat. And I don’t ride in the rain. So why pay more for a heavier disc tech? And hydraulic needs occasional bleeding. Ugh

I’m just thinking out loud before committing. I hope more options are available soon around here and I can ride a couple different bikes to see how they actually feel

Ive put 8000 miles on my cervelo and have yet had too bleed the brakes.

sounds like your mind is already made up, so not sure why you are asking strangers what you should buy.

Setting price aside, what you select might be based on what’s available and how patient you are. I recently bought a new bike and the process was a lot more complicated than just deciding on what I wanted and purchasing. I narrowed it down to 3 bikes and went with the one that I was able to get this year. Ons of my choices I wasn’t going to see until august next year.

good luck.