View Single Post
Old 02-13-23, 08:45 PM
canalligators
Old guy & bikes

Bikes: Rans V-Rex, Raleigh International, Rans Sequoia, GT Timberline, Double Vision tandem, Optima Baron, old Raleighs.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 47 Posts
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
Well, this 50+ rides: SWB recumbent. Road bike. Folding bike. Cruiser winter bike. Recumbent tandem. Crank Forward. Classic club bike. Rod brake roadster. MTB. Sometimes I tow my cargo trailer.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Only the Calcium/D and Iron that my doctor ordered. I am not a member of the supplements church.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
A lot. I was never fast, but I slowed down significantly, starting around age 55. So I got a faster bike to make up the difference. I do still have good endurance.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
I am a lifelong cyclist.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.
Mostly day rides, 10-40 miles, but also short, medium and epic tours. (Trans Am last year.) i get my groceries and run other errands by bike all year, even in the winter.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
3-6 times per week during all 12 months. In a typical year, I ride around 3,000 miles.

If you haven't already, perhaps you might indicate your age. It helps others to see that folks 50+ do great things.
I turned 71 last month.
Likes For canalligators: