Old 05-20-22, 06:22 PM
xiholdtruex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclist2000
A couple of things about saddles

1) a little adjustment to the tilt may work wonders. When I first got on this forum, a poster saw photos of my bikes and stated that I should raise the nose of my saddle because it looked like it was pointed down. I tilted it up a few mm took it out for a ride and I couldn't go more that 6 miles (I was riding 20 miles per ride) , it was a device of torture. I returned it to the position that I had before and it the position that works for me. So you might try adjusting the tilt a mm here or there to see if it gets more comfortable.

2) Saddles are a very personal fit. I have a box full that I tried before finding one that fit me. Most of my bikes now are fitted with that saddle. It's a Brooks C-17 carved, this one fit and I like them because they are waterproof and don't need any break in time in the saddle.

Good luck in the search of a comfortable saddle.

Oh, I did the same with shorts, I have a box full of shorts, I finally found a short that I can ride in all day, I'm not buying anything else.

thank you for the input I am going to play with the tilt also now, the c17 looks like a good option also adding it to the list.

today I changed back to the factory mongoose seat and adjusted the height up and made it a point to position my sit bones on the rear so my tail bone did not rest on the seat. what a night and day difference I can actually sit pain free after a 3 mile ride before I was dying from the soreness. progress
Likes For xiholdtruex: