Old 05-10-22, 10:59 PM
urbanescapee

Bikes: 2011 Raleigh Sojourn, 2012 Marin Four Corners, 2013 Soma Saga, 2014 Scott Spark 940, 2017 Brompton H6E, 2016 Trek FX 7.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pdlamb
My cube has a hook for a coat in the winter; I drape the winter rain jacket around my chair instead, and spread the bike clothes out as much as possible on a hanger to dry. The towel can hang off my whiteboard's marker tray on another hanger. Unless it was raining on the way in, things are dry enough to wear on the way home.

Are you wearing spandex and polypropylene clothing? They get a lot of flack from shy people, but it's also functional in that such gear doesn't hold nearly as much moisture as cotton/wool.
I do wear some synthetics but I'm trying to reduce my usage of those items due to the known environmental impacts and suspected health implications of wearing plastics for extended periods. Cotton/wool are my next-to-skin materials of choice atm, which means much slower drying times. But that being said, cotton/wool doesn't smell nearly as bad as synthetics after athletic use. I may be expanding my wool collection, but that stuff just costs so much.