Old 06-02-22, 06:04 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1608 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
I was intrigued with F/FW bikes but have always been a gear changer. This bike was being used as a commuter for a 4-5 mile round trip by a guy who stored his bike in the same locaiton.
After a couple of weeks without seeing it, I ran into him in the locker room and asked why he wasn't riding.
He forgot to bring the bike in during the weekend and left it locked to his porch. The wheels and cock pit were missing the next morning. Because it had a stuck seat post, he was ready to move on. He stated, in frustration, that he was going to put it on CL for $100. I responded with "let me know before you do it" 2 weeks later he offerred it up without the brakes.
I negotiated a 50% discount with the brakes and the likelihood of not being able to remove the post. Done.
The post required lye removal. The sealed BB was rusty and gritty, I needed wheels but the rest was in the stash. Long story shortened but here is the final result. Haven't ridden it in 4 years. It at the top of my frame size at 61.
2010 Langster Steel 61cm on Flickr