View Single Post
Old 03-31-23, 11:34 AM
CyclingBK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
It’s not a coincidence at all. I too suffer (too strong a word) um…. Experience… an enlarged prostate and noted with adding just two grams of HMB daily increased my difficulty in urination. After reading gobi’s post I decided to see if it was me or the HMB, so I gave up HMB three days ago and my increased difficulty has pretty much resolved. I do take a daily medication Tamusolin, to help but didn’t want to up the dosage to have one drug combatting the other, since Tamusolin already lowers my blood pressure and sometimes makes me light headed when I get up too quickly. So a sad farewell to HMB and we shall see about muscle soreness and energy.

Thanks gobi for posting.

Me too! Just noticed this thread.

Im 55, all good health wise, no medications, but have mild bph. I was taking HMB for a year and over that time, had a little more night frequency/difficulty but didn’t make any connection,it seemed very gradual

Then, in January, I had a stomach bug that lasted 2 days. I decided to stop taking HMB just arbitrarily then, I don’t think it caused any stomach issues.

But ever since, the bph symptoms have gone down nearly completely.

Not suggesting this is any “clinical” study, lol, just sharing this and it’s interesting others have had similar experiences
Likes For CyclingBK: