View Single Post
Old 08-13-09, 05:55 PM
Heretic 79

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Which Model?

Hey Guys, brand new to the forum. I don't really consider myself a vintage bike guy (raced MTB for 3 years in my teens, and now when I do ride it's only BMX, and a real funny mix of flatland, trials, and dirt)

Anyways I was helping a friend move his mother, and she knew I was into bikes, so she gave me her ex-husband's old road bike. She said it was quite good when they bought brand new back in the day. I could tell quality wise it was above the department store junk so I kept it, but I didn't think much about it at first and it hung in my garage untouched for 2 years. Well after my wife bugging me to get a road or hybrid bike to ride with her (she rides a Trek 1000c and a GT MTB) I said fine, I don't like road riding all that much, so I'll just clean up that old bike in the garage. (new cork grip, tires, etc).

But after riding it more and more, I actually love it, and I got curious about it. What model is it, when was it made. I'm not familiar with the Apollo name. I have 3 LBS in my city and none carry Apollo. Googling brought me here.

What I do know:
Made in Japan by Kuwahara, from the 80's (possibly 1980) Steel framed, looks like it was sold at Calgary Cycle.

Ok enough blah blah, lots of pics time. Any info on it would be great.

Serial Number 80 02 47940

mis-matched wheels