Old 11-13-21, 08:41 PM
Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
I just don't have enough leverage over the front brake to get full stopping power in an emergency situation. But yes, these brakes are strong as ****. The most effective I've felt.

I will be making some changes to the handlebar reach and begin adapting to riding in the drops from now on.

I believe only the downtube and chainstays are carbon. It is an absolutely fantastic design, no doubt. Actually quite compliant and comfortable even with stock 700x23 tires.

The short reach stock brake calipers are rated for up to 700x28.. can maybe try pushing it to 30, but I know 28 will fit.. im thinking of some sort of hybrid tires as the bike will have to be able to deal with some gravel.

This is a 2008 bike, 10 speed shimano brifters the chain seems to skip a little in the bigger cogs and pass the second largest cog altogether in the rear cogs. Got it mostly dialed in with some barrel adjustor fiddling. I'll try to back out the b limit screw a little. Anything else to try? When should I be using the barrel adjustors on the underside of the downtube?

Last edited by Moisture; 11-13-21 at 08:44 PM.