View Single Post
Old 12-15-21, 03:13 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10424 Post(s)
Liked 11,896 Times in 6,094 Posts
Well, I went for it. the 1995 Litespeed Ultimate should be on its way presently. It's currently kitted with Campy, 1995-era Chorus with a Racing T triple. One reason it probably didn't sell is that the seller made clear the NDS crank is cracked. That's not an issue because I don't want the 170mm Racing T crank anyhow, and I have a 175 version in much better shape, even including a BSA BB. It needs a new stem, bars, saddle, and maybe seatpost, but I have all that, too. The wheels are mismatched, but I think I have something close enough to the rear - a 32h Chorus hub laced to Mavic Reflex rim.

My plan is to get it set up with the triple and the 8speed Chorus (and the ugly Gen. 1 Ergopower levers) and ride it a while, while I figure out how I want to build it. I have 1/3 of a 7410 Dura Ace groupset, and I could go that way, but that limits me to 8 speeds and 26t max in the rear. I could also do it more modern, but then the 7410 stuff lies fallow.

Ah, well. Time will tell. Maybe I'll hate the thing and want to flip it?

Now big john can make fun of me.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: