Old 06-16-21, 09:59 AM
tubesocksFred

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Any long term issues with the bike? I got a Liberte last july which did not track straight, then eventually got one that tracked perfectly in Aug. The wife rode around 20-30 miles a day until around Nov, and this year, I rode around 1500 miles on it.

One issue I always had was the chain jumping over the plastic chain guide, no matter how little gap I gave between the guide and chainring cover, i think the chain forces its way through the small gap, deforming the plastic guide on its way. It required me to always have a screwdriver on hand. I also recently started to have some creaking going on with the folding part of the stem, I tighten here and there until the creaking is gone, at the cost of extremely high locking effort.

I've been riding almost exclusively on the 11 and 13 cog, and now the 11 cog seems to 'slip' when I stand on the pedals, either on a hill or sprinting. I adjust the derailleur along with its b-screw without much success. The probably usually goes away the 1st 10 or 15 miles after I wax my chain, but comes back soon after that. Although my last more thorough adjustment of the derailleur seem to have made a difference, but I recently started riding another bike so I haven't really put my adjustments to a long term test. Anyway, one solution is to go with a bigger chainring, which would allow me to use the 13 and 15 more. Anyone tried doing that? Would I have to lengthen the chain?