View Single Post
Old 08-28-21, 03:09 AM
LV2TNDM

Bikes: Cannondale tandems: '92 Road, '97 Mtn. Mongoose 10.9 Ti, Kelly Deluxe, Tommaso Chorus, Cdale MT2000, Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser, Torker Unicycle, among others.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Repack Rider
I built this one myself in 1977.

Attachment 398854
You win! Nice! Thanks for contributing!

I was pushing my Mongoose BMX bike up the hills in the south bay in '77 complaining, "Why don't they put GEARS on these things!" Coulda, woulda, shoulda!

My first mountain bike was a 1984 Peugeot Canyon Express. Hilarious that my first mountain bike, living in the bay area, is a FRENCH bike! WTF was I thinking? (I know what I was thinking... I was a broke high school kid who could never afford a "cool" bike.) But that bike got promptly stolen, so I replaced it with something a bit better, a Crack-N-Fail SM400 (0r 500). 24/26" bike with roller cams (SunTour, of course). But I put in the miles on that bike and didn't let it get stolen! I still have that original frame after it broke (Dremeled out the SSN and mailed it to Cannondale to get the warranty but not give up my then-custom painted frame.)

I was looking at this to see how many posters would beat my '84 date and you blow us ALL out of the water!

Kudos and thanks for the amazing ride!!!