View Single Post
Old 04-23-22, 05:58 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3151 Post(s)
Liked 1,717 Times in 1,036 Posts
Originally Posted by bajaking
I forgot to mention the guy thought clydesdale was a brand when I asked him if he could build clydesdale wheels. I figured even a never-been-over-8%-bodyfat shop guy would have spent enough time with internet bike lingo and forums to at least come across the term.
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Little late to respond to this, but after 15 years in a shop, the whole time of which I qualified for the term, if someone had used it I'd have had no clue what they were saying. Personally I think its a 5h1t term which is why I avoid this forum.
Not to go OT too much here, but it’s worth pointing out that “clydesdale” is not internet forum lingo, and in fact, if the term doesn’t predate the creation of the message board/chat room/forum, it certainly predates their general popularity.

I remember Clydesdale was a common category in MTB racing in the early ‘90s, but I know there are threads here about the genesis of the term if anyone is interested in that kind of history.