Old 09-29-23, 12:12 AM
TC1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 84 Posts
First off, this is a very entertaining thread. I just stumbled across this rabbit hole, and read the entire thing straight through. All the respect in the world for the size of the project you've undertaken and the ground you are breaking. I do find some of your design decisions puzzling, but hey, variety is the spice of life. Like, I can't really figure out why you spent all that time on your adjustable axle flanges when the perimeter shape of the axle assembly appears to prevent wider wheels from fitting, and I was very confused by those early pictures with zip-ties everywhere and a tombstone welder in the background, but, to each his own. On the other hand, several times while reading this I had an idea -- like reinforcing your pool noodle, or making your next frame from aluminum -- and then bang, in the next page, you either did it or planned it.

Originally Posted by KC8QVO
These tires are also rated to 100 psi so I can crank the pressure way up and keep the rolling resistance down.
I did want to note, however, that this isn't an accurate description of the relationship between tire pressure and rolling resistance.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/...ance_7406.html among many other articles on the topic.

Unless your roads are velodrome-smooth, pressures approaching triple digits are probably way too high for optimal resistance -- and arguably might vibrate some of your bolts loose, as well.