View Single Post
Old 09-29-22, 09:49 AM
Nixhex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
New Build - Flat Bars or Drops?

I got an early 00's steel frame (Jamis) that I'm going to clean up and paint and build into a road bike to replace my Fuji Altamira that's too small/too aggressive. I can't decide if I want to build it like a normal road bike or be a little weird/different and built it with flat bars. All of my road bikes in the past have had the traditional drop bars and I like them fine, but there's a curiosity in me that says I need to build it as a "sporty flat bar" (as opposed to the usual super relaxed hybrids that have flats). I've ridden mountain bikes with flat bars, so it won't be my first experience on flats.

I'm in Tulsa, OK and we have a pretty well developed system of paved bike trails that I usually ride on. Rides vary in length from 15 - 30 miles but are usually closer to 20ish bc I have two young kids, and convincing my wife I'm going to go on a 2 hr bike ride is a tough sell when she's had the kids all day. Trails have some hills, so it's usually in the range of 500' of elevation every 10 miles or so.

Pics below of the wheels I'm using, and kind of what I'm thinking of doing on the paint, but I'm still undecided on that.

https://imgur.com/a/inJ1IXF