Thread: 105 goes Di2
View Single Post
Old 07-28-22, 06:22 AM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar, Tommasini X-Fire Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked 389 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
Recently I've had a couple rides on my GFs Canyon Ultimate w/DI 2. For frame of reference I ride 105, Dura Ace, Ultegra and SRAM Red all mechanical on my bikes. The DI 2 was set up semi-synchro. I was surprised to be unimpressed. In the beginning it seemed "nice" but with time and experience I can't find a reason to abandon mechanical. And, I am changing it to "mechanical" mode 'cause it drives my GF nuts.
But I think it is kinda designed to be "normal", which I guess is good. The key thing is that it is consistent. Day in and day out. No need to ever mess with it.

Now, with a 1x drivetrain, a single cable also tends to work really, really well. Most of the MTB world has been using that setup for 10 years without any issue. And I would say, the demands put on a MTB system are greater. Not sure why you would need to pay such a premium for a 1X electronic system.

Last edited by vespasianus; 07-28-22 at 10:56 AM.
Likes For vespasianus: