Old 10-10-20, 12:47 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
It is hard to avoid, I'll give you that. While many have written off 2021 and I'm not super optimistic about it, I am looking forward to training hard again and improving my fitness. Force of habit I suppose.

Maybe they'll start doing some TT's first hopefully? I've been enjoying getting more into that over time.
The issue is more cities permitting races than USACycling. Back in the day bike clubs needed to put on races. I got to help a bit with that. We were all happy when promoters took it over, but that also took it farther from the racers. As I live in smaller cities 50K and 4K it is common to know the folks running and planning and it is increasingly difficult to get permits. It was difficult before. San Clemente Closed Beaches, and filled skate parks with sand (two blocks from a former crit course). So it is unlikely they would permit a thing. The (MTB) race that was in front of my house in Manitou Springs was in a park, then dirt roads and then unincorporated area, so I expect much easier to to than an on pavement road race.