Old 05-05-21, 01:11 PM
aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
Yeah, you're not a climber and you never were "decent at climbing". Decent climbing for fat guys like you and I (welcome to the 235lb club...at least we're not 250 amirite?) is not stopping halfway on that 4.5% 1.1 mile straight climb.

Nothing like riding with some people who are built like a 7th grade girl yet still put out more power than you do to "humble" you, eh?

There's a dude I follow on Strava who just started cycling last year. Over the winter he started doing TrainerRoad workouts and me and some other guys were commenting on his workouts....cause the wattages he was putting out...were...e-bike like. Anyway he gets out when the weather gets nice and does 7 repeats on a local climb...all 7 were in the top 20 all time for the segment. His last repeat on the climb was a full 75 seconds faster than my PR (feeling good, warmed up, start of the ride effort for me) so yeah...you'd know it if you resembled anything close to a "climber".

Do you think you're fast too? Go pin on a number. When I was dropped on the second lap of my first crit...and this was Cat 3/4/5 people I had an inkling of what "fast" was. I know exactly what fast isn't...me and I know what a climber isn't...me.

Good job getting out there, enjoy the ride!
Likes For aplcr0331: