Old 07-27-21, 09:34 PM
bironi
bironi

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by gaucho777
In my continuing effort to seek out new routes, I headed out for a new-to-me route including the climb up Snake Road in the Oakland/Montclair hills. I went down Snake Road for the first time last week. The road condition leaves a lot to be desired, with a combination of potholes and long crevices on a curvy downhill. However, the road condition isn't as much of an issue when going up. It's only a 2.5 mile & 800'--steep at the bottom but leveling out for the last mile. Snake Rd. is right in the middle of other connecting roads I ride often, so I definitely foresee adding this stretch of road to my regular routes. After making it up to Grizzley Peak via Snake Road, I made my way back to Berkeley along the ridgeline with gorgeous views of the SF Bay today, before a final photo stop at the Berkeley Rose Garden. Total 24 miles and 2,521' elevation gain.

A couple of views from the East Bay hills with the Golden Gate Bridge and SF in the distance. There were some nice (shadow?) patterns in the bay today.

Untitled by gaucho777, on Flickr

De Rosa in the roses

Nice De Rosa and roses, but the views of the bay look a bit dry and dangerous.
That sucks!