Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1304 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 180 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
The first confirmed case of SARS-CoV-2 infection in the United States was in February, 2020.

Anecdotally, a lot of folks suggest they may have had it earlier. This was in another thread I don't want to post to because the OP asked those who have not had the disease not to post to it:

My next-door neighbor (in rural Santa Cruz) suggests the same. It seems to be a fairly common assertion.

Anyone else here think they might have gotten it earlier than Feb? If so, any idea how?
Makes perfect sense considering they weren't officially testing for it before then, so far as I am aware. I can't even recall when the official first tests started? Jan?
We have a local flight school that was working a contract for licensing Chinese students as pilots. They started new classes right around Oct. here in Peachtree City, right as the pandemic started. Almost immediately the hotel associated with the school was shut, the students were put in quarantine, and the flight school and associated field were closed. There are quite a few articles about the happening but not much detail on the why other than loads of local speculation. Our son worked right up the road at a new restaurant that was absolutely flooded with people for about a month as the new new in town.
The school was called Falcon Aviation if you would like to look it up. It's been a minute so I am unsure as to where they fell on the "official" story.
Likes For Juan Foote: