cubewheels

Bikes: A really old BMX bike, Phantom 20 kid's MTB, Jackal Mio Gravel Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 363 Times in 292 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Looks really bad (good)!
Yeah!! Today, my foamy saddle bid farewell after a ride. So I promptly restored the stock saddle which I modded. The stock saddle hurts my perineum so I cut it up in the middle, removed chunks of foam in the middle and most of the foam in the nose and covered the cut up section with multicolor ultra wide electric tape. The saddle now resembles women's racing / TT saddles, but with a goofy looking tape and of course, the Rinsten knockoff seat spring. Otherwise, very comfortable for me now. Will take a picture tomorrow. May have improved the appearance a bit

Mom hated the "uglified" bike at first. It looks awful, she said. But after I explained why I did it, she said I did a very good job. I really hope I did a very good job. Some of my worst concerns are some of the stores I go to regularly have a post that can only accommodate two bikes but often, parked motorcycles block the postand the only way riders can lock their bikes is lock the wheels to the frame. Leaves the bike immobile but can still be carried away. Hoping the work will fool would-be bike thieves. often my bike would not be by itself but parked among other bikes so it probably helps a lot if it isn't the shiniest bike, even better, the oldest and dirtiest looking bike in the rack!!

Last edited by cubewheels; 07-09-20 at 06:13 AM.
Likes For cubewheels: