Old 07-10-20, 07:07 AM
cubewheels

Bikes: A really old BMX bike, Phantom 20 kid's MTB, Jackal Mio Gravel Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 363 Times in 292 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Between the seat and the chain ring, that looks like the least tempting bike ever. Maybe you can make bike camouflage a side job.

When I was a teenager, I would sometimes ride my mom's Schwinn cruiser with 20 inch wheels and balloon tires. I'm a bit bigger than you, but I could really fly on that thing. I did it partly because I liked seeing people do double-takes when they saw it.
Wide, 20" road tires can have ridiculously low rolling resistance. Especially the ones with old tires that have hardened by age!

Strange that I've not been having strange reactions from other people and riders on the street so far. I did have lots of double takes before I did the uglify mod to the bike, especially before I added the fenders.

Ironically, bike camouflage isn't popular in this country. People will just buy a very cheap, used / old bike (something with a crappy brand too) to begin with if they can only afford dirt cheap bikes and cannot afford to lose it through theft. Often these bikes will have worn down components that needs to be fixed (otherwise can be ridden without fixing anything if you dont care about creaks and clicks and other noises). There's plenty of used bikes around.

Those who are better off would rather have their bike stolen than getting it to look ugly and old!
Likes For cubewheels: