Old 08-13-21, 06:47 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked 2,505 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by gaucho777
Sadly, I've got to downgrade my status for Eroica to doubtful. I fell off a stepladder this last weekend and dislocated my shoulder. The stepladder was on a drop cloth at the top of some carpeted stairs, and I didn't realize how close to the edge the ladder was until it slipped off the edge and I went down in a heap. That was before I tumbled down the stairs and then passed out a couple times. I finally got the shoulder popped back in socket after 6+ hours in the ER, but my shoulder is pretty messed up. There's potentially other muscle/ligament damage, but I have to wait until the 25th before I can get in to see an orthopedic dr. for an MRI. I haven't tried sitting on a bike yet. Out of the saddle riding is out of the question for now. Even if I somehow make a speedy recovery, my mileage base is way down from where it should be.
I hope you come down regardless, even if you can't ride. Seeing all the cool bikes, seeing all us really cool people (here I blush modestly), maybe even volunteering if the shoulder is up for it, should be a morale boost. In the meantime, lots of healing energy going out to you and lots of hopes you can do the ride.

And if the training base is down, ride the 40 miler with kabuki12 and me. We are not exactly speed merchants, but we have a good time and I am about the biggest wheel to draft off of you are likely to find. Oh, and Joe, at least, is pretty good company. That's fun guy Joe on the left and giant economy size me on the right. You could be the Curly to our Moe and Larry.