Old 06-18-22, 05:00 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by Pcampeau
This has been sitting at a thrift store and on Craigslist at $150 for a couple of months now. I finally stopped in and picked it up today. It’s not a well put together ad and that’s probably why it didn’t sell until I bought it. Here are the pics from Craigslist.

The dropouts are Simplex and the rear derailleur is Shimano Altus so that should mean the derailleur hanger has been altered. I’m happy that the hanger is still present and usable in some way.

. . .

Serial # 9103143
Is this 1979?

Truthfully, I’d prefer the French parts instead of Shimano but what’s in place here should make a pretty good ride. They all look to be from the period correct era, 1980 or so. I’ve already got a 1982 Spidel equipped PY10 in the same color and graphic scheme, no need for me to try and copy it. This will work for now. Maybe I’ll trade this one someday for a blue one, who knows? I’ll tear it down tomorrow and begin the refurb. New tires, bar tape, cables, bearings, that’s about it.
Nice pick up at $150. I'm with you, I would have much preferred the original parts but this is a good bike. I'm riding my 1983 PXN 10 tomorrow. Actually the drop out has not been modded. This generation of simplex drop outs will work either with a simplex or a campy RD.

Is there a way to tell the date from the serial no. for Peugeots? I've always gone by the catalog.
Likes For bikemig: