Old 09-27-22, 08:27 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Thebucket71
I have a question for Hypno Toad. My girlfriend and I are on the same bike with quite a bit of height difference as well. I am 6 ft tall she is only 5 ft Couldn't go with the large would have been too big for her went with a small sized Java frame. I went to a 120mm long stem seems okay, usually ride a 58 or 59 CM top tube so a 54 with the angle frame seems to be okay. You guys are brave to take it on that challenge riding a tandem. My hat comes off to you.
Thank you! I'm so proud of Frau Toad for trusting me on this adventure!

I'm 6 ft and Frau Toad is 5'3", we have a medium Java frame. Frau Toad's single bikes are small (Surly Midnight Special is 40 cm & Bianchi Infinito is 47 cm) & my bikes are 57-58 cm

Our Java was built up by Twin Cities Tandems and Steve did a great job with the details on bike fit ... but we did work with a local friend, physical therapist, and bike fitter - Go Physio - to dial in Frau Toad's stocker bars, we needed a longer stocker stem ... and those things are crazy hard to order right!

I don't have details on the captains stem angle, but it's 100 mm; and the stocker adjustable stem is at 250 mm.

I hope that helps, happy to share any other details that might help with your Java set up.