Thread: Fork upgrade
View Single Post
Old 05-31-21, 07:58 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4444 Post(s)
Liked 4,101 Times in 2,737 Posts
Keep in mind your bike is NOT designed to be clamped by the tubes. In fact zero bikes should be clamped by the tubes. The seatpost is designed to be clamped and is currently clamped right now.

In terms of the fork I wouldn't trust no-name cheap carbon with no support behind it. But hey it ain't my life. The SR fork was probably a heavy lug but the bike is not a high end bike so tis to be expected. If you aren't mountain biking, I generally recommend not buying a bike for that purpose or at least bikes designed to look like mountain bikes. If I want a carbon fork I would get a hybrid or road bike with a carbon fork and potentially get a higher quality bike in the process with less weight. I would also look at a frame that fits. Slammed seats are a good sign of an ill fitting bike.