View Single Post
Old 08-02-19, 01:04 PM
venturi95
Firm but gentle

Bikes: 2005 Litespeed Tuscany, Soma Pescadero, Pure Cycles disc road, Jamis hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick
You can easily take the lane and pedal at a speed that does not impede traffic at an intersection. And when the lane after the intersection is a sub standard lane like in the video you can continue to take the portion of the lane that keeps motorists from pretending there is enough room and side swiping you like in the video. When I am in a motor vehicle I choose not to run over bicyclists who use bad form like the bicyclist in the video. I don't cringe. I wait or go around them when there is room or an opportunity.
I have seen bike riders holding up a line of cars two blocks long by taking the lane at a snail’s pace. You and I may not get upset over this, but most people would want revenge, sad but I honestly believe this. I don’t want to hear about the law and your rights as a road user, drivers are petty and will only think “they had it coming, they deserved it” when a cyclist get hit. Did you not ever read the comments section of those stories? A lot of the comments sections no longer exist due to hateful statements from the public.
Re video: waiting for cars to go ahead of you only takes a few seconds, I give motorists the same courtesy I expect from them. I n doing so I control the situation versus trusting someone to be a good driver. Had the rider in the video done this we wouldn’t be having this conversation.