KJ43
Dead but dreaming

Bikes: 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, 2022 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 186 Posts
Originally Posted by goose70
It won't add up because she's likely judgment proof, from a financial standpoint. But it will, hopefully, send a message to other careless fans. I hope it also sends a message to the Tour. I didn't realize that just before the riders arrive, cars ahead toss of Swag, etc. to rile up the crowds. Of course, without excited, engaged fans, there is no professional cycling for long, but it seems like between those pep cars and the racers, they should have a police car/motorcycle or two clearly announcing that fans need to keep a distance from the road for safety reasons. I was surprised to learn that doesn't already happen. That isn't a perfect solution, but might cause most people to think a bit harder about where they're standing.
Eh, we'll see what happens if this does in fact end up in the courts. Aside from any judgements or legal financial penalties, there is the cost of representation on what could be multiple civil suits or whatever potentially gets thrown her way. There is the time and stress involved in dealing with that, the stress from being pretty much infamous around the world once her name gets out there, etc.

So I still feel that things will add up, maybe not in the sense of multiple fines or judgements against her, but in the end it could be quite a spanking from all the rest of the fallout from her negligence. Time will tell though.