Old 10-30-22, 01:29 PM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 1,045 Times in 442 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Sounds like you are doing quite well then and seem to have most everything covered. If you haven't been doing this for the last dozen or so years, then keep on doing it till you've got those dozen years behind you.

I seem to be able to tell a lot of difference in how I perform when I can regularly ride over 125 miles per week. For the times I only ride 80 miles or less a week I can feel good about my performance but there isn't much improvement for any of the things I want to improve on.

Perhaps just increasing the amount of riding per week from any previous level is what gives the improvement for climbs and sustained efforts.
Just to add, I only started taking cycling seriously during the height of the pandemic and prior to that I was into powerlifting, running and HIIT training. Though I find biking just to be fun, challenging and something that requires discipline and dedication (similar to lifting). I also learned how to build and maintain bikes from watching YT videos. I'm actually amazed at how many cyclists have no clue on how to maintain their bikes. I just wish I started road biking earlier, it's such a great stress reliever!
Likes For jonathanf2: