View Single Post
Old 08-12-21, 03:02 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked 1,323 Times in 674 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
I'm thinking of getting a dedicated indoor smart bike. I've been using an Elite direct drive trainer for a couple of years and while it's great, I don't think it does my bike a lot of good. I could buy a cheap bike to keep permanently on the trainer, but I prefer the idea of a complete standalone solution. Expensive though, so that keeps putting me off. My smart trainer was £500 vs £2k+ for a decent smart bike. But I would use it enough to justify the expense. A Kickr trainer is £1k these days, so by the time I add the cost of another bike to go with it I might as well just get the full Kickr bike.
I have a Kickr Bike and it's awesome, do not regret purchasing it for a second. Did the Smart Trainer thing before and was just not as stable and comfortable. Takes up less space and permanently sits ready to go in my exercise room. As far as cost goes that's a personnel decision and as someone who has travelled extensively, a vast majority of the world would consider the spending and products talked about on this forum as a ridiculous waste of money.
Likes For Atlas Shrugged: