View Single Post
Old 04-16-07, 09:03 PM
thomspins

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My race report from the Rock Hill races this past weekend:

The crit Saturday wasn’t too bad, our race (Cat 4) was about 40 minutes long and we averaged about 25-26mph. I had a pack finish ~23rd or so. It was just fast the whole time and I didn’t have enough juice to do much other than hang on in the middle of the pack. The course was excellent and really required good handling skills. I noticed many riders wasting energy due to poor cornering.

The RR Sunday was a completely different world. We raced about 2 hrs. and averaged around 24-25mph for the 45 miles (very hilly miles) ha in the rain. We had a solo break go off the front about 15 miles into the race and the field just let it go and go and the gap get bigger and bigger… so I decided to bridge up to the guy to see if we could work together and stay out. We held out together for about 5 miles and got caught. Fiddled around in the pack for another 20 miles or so and tried to get into a break w/ about 3 other guys on a climb but nothing really stuck. We ended up having a field sprint and I got ~15th or 20th. I figure if I had not have tried the several breakaways I could have had a better sprint. Oh well, maybe next time the break will work.

Charleston is next!!!