Old 03-19-21, 09:54 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10238 Post(s)
Liked 5,189 Times in 2,226 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Speaking of trips, we've got our first VA trip in over a year quickly approaching. We'd waited until my mother in law was vaccinated, at the very least, and then we wrestled with the question of whether or not we were being foolish and significantly increasing our risk of contracting and spreading.

As far as we can think of, we figure that we'll have roughly the same risk, there and back, as we will staying at home. We'll be driving, as usual, so no airports, airplanes, public transit or taxis. My mother-in-law will be vaccinated and she and my brother-in-law are socially isolated - they don't go out, they don't physically interact with anyone (which is sad, but good in terms of transmission), they wear masks when they go out for walks. As usual, the majority of meals will either be prepared at the house (I'll do the grocery shopping [and cooking ] as usual) or we'll do take-out. We're hearing that many establishments have gotten outdoor seating set up, so we'll check that out and maybe indulge in a dinner out (and I personally plan on some mid-ride pizza outdoors at a Richmond taproom during a century). We're not planning on any indoor activities this time around, so none of the museums that the kids usually visit. With the kids, we know that there will be a handful of necessary public bathroom breaks, but other than that, we think that our activity profile will be pretty close to what it is right now.

Oh, and we'll all get tested before and after the trip, too.

Fingers crossed.

Most have out door seating set up, but indoor seating at some isn’t bad either. Sals by Victor is huge and has the space to spread people out.

BTW it’s snowing this morning in Willyburg. WTF.