View Single Post
Old 07-15-22, 10:09 AM
brian44

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Bisexcycle
how high is your reach? I know theres more variables but how many cm of spacers and what degree 130 stem do you use? I'm around same size and am working on my bike fit and have noticed the modern set up is high. So I'm not sure if you should go lower or not. My 120stem feels too short though on my 58 jamis sonik. I find the longer reach helps me stabalize more since I'm bad at handling anyway.
The HT is pretty short (12.5 cm) relative to the frame size, and I'm running about 10mm of spacers. The 130mm stem is a -10. It's as low as I want to go. Regardless, the setup is slightly different now with a 140mm stem (-6), and the bar's reach is a little longer.

I was going to try 150mm out, but I have a set of Velobike Bunch Bars that have a longer reach. We'll see how that works out. FWIW I do sprint and mass start events, so I need a middle ground without switching out equipment all day. Judging by the photo below...I have plenty of drop, but I still *feel* scrunched up. I could probably go with a larger frame, but this is an XL...most (not all) frames (e.g., Argon 18 Electron Pro) top out with the same geometry figures. I used the Argon 18 as an example because I was very close to picking one up, but the fit would've been a wash. Finally, the obvious...I need to get my head down.

Last edited by brian44; 07-15-22 at 10:18 AM.
Likes For brian44: