Old 06-19-20, 06:50 PM
illjustride

Bikes: Trek Emoda, Surly Ogre

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Bryan C.
I assume your enve bars are pre drilled for the Di2 cable internal routing? Seems like using the y-cable may not be the best solution for you. The video is clear about how to run the system while using the normal Di2 cables.

Using the method from the video. I ran a 1600mm cable from the left shifter, through the bars all the way to the right side bar end and attached it to the EW RS910 junction port. I then ran a 400mm cable from the EW RS910 to the right shifter. I then ran a 1600mm cable from the right shifter to the frame and to the b-junction port. I connected the EW WU111 BT between the b-junction and the internal seat post mounted battery with a 150mm and a 750mm cable, I wanted enough slack to remove the seat post and access the BT unit if needed. Obviously the last port goes to the RD, 950mm cable.

Hopefully that helps. This is for a size 56 frame.
I see. That might be a better way to go then. Maybe having access to that Bluetooth if needed is a good idea. The frame I have has a battery mount for Di2 on the downtube so I was also thinking of mounting it somewhere inside there between the B junction and the Battery. In terms of connectivity maybe it would be better to not split the cables and run straight cables instead.