BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11971 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
in '81-82, I worked for a firm writing appellate briefs in plane crash cases. I would write them out by hand, give it to a typist, and she would type them on a IBM selectric. If I made a revision on page 5, she would retype the whole thing from that page forward. They were typically ab 50 pages long.

Times have changed for sure.
Those were some awful days, BUT they kept a lot of people employed.
The IBM Electric was the typewriter of choice in the 70s. I typed up many a term paper on those in the last-minute wee hours of the morning with one of those.

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2
My wife started out on punch cards, in the early 70s. When I started hanging out at her house, in 86, she had a desktop with monitor, and 5 1/2" floppies. She was a computer whiz in those days, and had a small business trouble-shooting and teaching at Communiversity. D-Base 3 was it? I remember she taught me some dos commands so I could get around with Netscape. The wild wild west of the internet. I'm glad I was able to experience it in its infancy.
I started out on punchcards taking undergrad statistics classes, that's where I honed my first love of computers. But what a pain in the ASS if you made the slightest error in your submittal.