Old 12-28-22, 02:17 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
One question I ask myself is what can I do to make a gain in cycling. The challenge is that I am pretty maxed out. Blood is hard to legally manipulate. Lung capacity is set although, it is possible to have reduced lung function do to aging I.e. less supple rib cage. Mobility is an area to improve and that could lead to better aerodynamics and less pain on longer rides and time trials. I could ride a lot and yeah I would get better at riding a lot but would I be faster? Ride the trainer more???? Strength training is where I think there is a lot of action for me.

I could be stronger and lift a greater % of my body weight per exercise. My experience with this approach is that it works as long as I do not injure myself and put up with poor performance on the bike during the strength phase. I would have to turn the increased strength into power and time it with an event. That is the current work in progress.

We have 4 ski trips planned in the coming months so I will get a lot of leg strength and cross training work skiing. After ski season, I begin the real training for a trip to Aguascalientes for an attempt at a personal best 500 meter or WR. WR is really a stretch for me. I need a couple of seconds and to do that I need to hold my skeleton together for the training to get my opening lap down.

Just some musings.

Yesterday, I did a z2 2x20km TTT with my wife on Fiesta on TT bikes. Pretty fun but pretty slow.

Last edited by Hermes; 12-28-22 at 11:05 PM.
Likes For Hermes: