revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
Even though, the weather was spotty for outdoor cycling, we managed to stay off the trainer.
Any day staying off the trainer is a good day!

Just had some good days. Friday was supposed to be a 30-minute sweet spot interval. I was a bit concerned about it because it's literally been years since I've pushed that hard for that much time. It ended up being a lower-end threshold interval (95%) instead, and I had a bit of juice left. I was supposed to go to the gym that night but family stuff interfered. Sleep was lousy that night. I did the missed gym workout at 5:45 Saturday morning, then did a 1:30 endurance-pace ride. I felt bad enough at the start of the ride that I considered backing off to recovery pace and/or cutting the ride short but pushed through and it ended up being a decent ride. Then I worked at the bike shop all day, had to do one of those 5-Hour Energy drinks to keep my eyes open. I was asleep around 9 in spite of all the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. I went out this morning not knowing how the ride would go, and the 2:30 Z2 ride turned into a Z3 ride without me trying to do it. It makes no sense, but I'll take it.

Recovery ride tomorrow, then a rest day Tuesday due to a front coming through with heavy thunderstorms.

Demain, on roule!

Last edited by revchuck; 01-01-23 at 07:59 PM.
Likes For revchuck: