Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 526 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i
I had the misfortune of reading this thread and slipping badly in buying the Jaco chuck, +barb adapter, for $40+. The chuck is a disaster, maybe worse than the Birzman I tried before. No matter how you mount it, on whichever valve, it is usually leaking the air badly. It releases air from Presta, that is supposed to hold air on its own! Now maybe you do not care about air leaking when you are getting a massive delivery from a compressor. However, the air departure continues while you are taking the chuck off! Every tire I tried to pump, whether Schrader or Presta, I had to redo with a decent chuck (Hirame), to make sure that I ended up with the pressure I wanted. The worst part about the Jaco L3 Ligtning chuck, presumably, as that what happens is somewhat erratic - you may find a better seating for the chuck where it works a tad better. However, by the time to get there you wasted so much time that you would be far better with a chuck that nominally gets mounted at a slower pace but yields a predictable operation off the bat.

Yes, I watched the video to make sure I operated the chuck correctly. Yes, I have a dozen of various pumps, two dozens of various chucks and I pumped tires 1000+ times in my life and I do not want the Jaco chuck in there. As it is from Amazon, I will look whether I can still return it.
Man, I'm really bummed that you bought something on my recommendation and that it did not work for you. I'm actually quite surprised because this system works perfectly for me. Easy mounting on both type of valves, no leaking under pressure, and no loss of air when removing. I have not tried it on a smooth stem presta nor have I used pressures > 90 psi; however I don't think that would be an issue. They worked so well for me that I pumped up every mounted tire I could find, whether on a bike or not. 11 tires, without a single fault, and many inflations since then with no problem.

I hope you can get Amazon to accept return. Jaco has a 100% satisfaction guarantee within 30 days of purchase, too.