View Single Post
Old 11-13-22, 10:37 AM
Ridinglurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Did anyone test the gauges mentioned? The Jaco lists +/- 1% of full scale. So at 200 psi you have +/- 2 psi.
I looked for better digital gauges that are limited to 100 psi maybe (so the 1% accuracy would be +/- 1 psi. but haven't found one. Many don't even show accuracy (probably due to lack of). But they promote resolution (like 0.1 psi) to trick people into thinking it is accurate to 0.1 psi.

Even for cars (typically in the 30+ psi range) the 200 psi gauges are too large. Home air compressors only make 90 psi. So 100 psi range would be better. IMHO, a 200+ psi gauge will be inherently inaccurate for car/bike pressures no matter how good it is. Even worse, gauges tend to be most accurate in the middle of the range. So if you have a car, or MTB, you would want a 60 psi gauge and so on.

I only found analog types with 100 psi.

Digital gauges in theory could include computation to correct for the changed sensitivity at different pressures temperatures etc. I'm just not sure if the ones you buy are that good.

Since I couldn't find a more accurate air chuck, I wonder if it is better to buy one very accurate gauge and use that tho re-adjust after filling with the less accurate chuck. Like this one is rated to be +/- 0.5 psi https://www.amazon.com/JACO-ElitePro...s%2C128&sr=1-2
That way you also can "know" if the less accurate one is +2 psi off and manually adjust for that inaccuracy. Like if you know that gauge shows 2 psi higher, you just inflate to 2 psi higher. the trick is to find the one gauge that is accurate.

Last edited by Ridinglurker; 11-13-22 at 10:56 AM.