Old 03-08-17, 11:42 PM
Deathoftheparty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
That geo chart says 50mm fork rake. That's even more slack than most road bikes. That's like touring bike slack.

Notice how you are already mentally replacing lots of stuff. Now you are buying things twice...while on a budget. Not a good move.

I'd pass on that bike. Maybe look into something complete like this: https://www.evanscycles.com/hoy-fior...-bike-EV195028
The fork is actually a 45mm rake which should put my trail right around 56. The Omniums are something I already have, so no money out of pocket there. Already have a Specialized Tri-spoke for the front, and can coninve my girlfriend to grab me a Chinese rear off eBay for my birthday in a few weeks.

I have looked into the Hoy, but unfortunately cannot find a retailer in the States. Spending an extra hundred dollars on shipping should be able to get me a nicer bike if I'm buying domestic.

It seems that I can order a Pre Cursa for around $620 delivered to me over here in Texas if I don't make any of the upgrades available. I know that frame had issues with Omnium crank arms hitting the chain stays in the past. Is anyone aware if that's still an issue?

Last edited by Deathoftheparty; 03-08-17 at 11:53 PM.