Old 03-09-17, 03:52 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Deathoftheparty
The fork is actually a 45mm rake which should put my trail right around 56. The Omniums are something I already have, so no money out of pocket there. Already have a Specialized Tri-spoke for the front, and can coninve my girlfriend to grab me a Chinese rear off eBay for my birthday in a few weeks.

I have looked into the Hoy, but unfortunately cannot find a retailer in the States. Spending an extra hundred dollars on shipping should be able to get me a nicer bike if I'm buying domestic.

It seems that I can order a Pre Cursa for around $620 delivered to me over here in Texas if I don't make any of the upgrades available. I know that frame had issues with Omnium crank arms hitting the chain stays in the past. Is anyone aware if that's still an issue?
You mentioned that you used to work on bikes. You probably know that there is a minimum level of equipment needed to participate. Trying to do all of this buying new gear for close to $500-600 is fooling yourself. You are gonna need tools, chainrings, cogs, etc... Read this thread. It's only 3 pages long: https://www.bikeforums.net/track-cyc...ack-racer.html

If you are a new racer, you don't need any aero wheels. Period. Nice to have: Yes. Need to have: No. If you are on a budget: Hell No.

73 degrees with 45mm offset is not anywhere close to something like a DF4 with 74 degrees and 30mm offset or a LOOK 496 with 74 degrees and 34mm offset. The bike you like has a relaxed road geometry. The Hoy (or something very similar) is your best bet. No frills, right geometry, ready to go out of the box, nothing needs to be replaced. Chris Hoy designed it specifically for beginner and intermediate racers on a budget.

But it sounds like you have your mind made up...soooo, good luck!