Old 12-11-20, 09:25 PM
tgot 

Bikes: 1986 Centurion Ironman, 1997 Trek 2120, Trek T1000

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 118 Posts
Me!

My best of 2020 is joining the C&V ranks, finally fixing up and getting riding on my Ironman, after nearly a decade of lurking (and time in the Recreational and Family forum).

​​​​​​Story here https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ion-story.html

I enjoyed the process enough to start a second C&V project... Italvega Gran Turismo which languished as I spent my non-family, non-chore weekend time riding not wrenching.

My goal had been to do an easy (organized) century this summer. inspired by the HHH discussion on the Ironman thread, I targeted Aug 29th, and to do it on the Ironman, requiring more commitment to flexibility and strength. 8/29 turned out to be a "Stay inside, avoid activity due to smoke" day, but I rode 63 miles and 44kft, a milestone for me. On the Ironman!

Then, courtesy of the "Are you looking for one of these" threads, a Lambert, well cleaned up, was available right near me, and reasonably priced. That would ensure I'm L'Eroica ready if the ItalVega stalls...why not go see it.

As I'm buying the Lambert from a fellow BF'er, he asks "So, are you a collector too?"

I guess I am now!
Likes For tgot: