Old 05-11-21, 07:21 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1191:

GoPro powered itself on this morning at 5:30 AM. It was sitting on the kitchen counter. I didn't hear it, but it woke my wife up. Then 15 minutes later it beeped again when it powered down once it figured out nobody had summoned it. My wife wasn't happy. GoPros have great picture quality and are nearly indestructible, but I have to say their firmware is complete crap.

32°F this morning. Winter pants, coat and toe warmers all came back out. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those years where we pretty much jump from winter to summer with very little spring.

No wind, to which the weatherman said, "Enjoy it today, because the rest of the week it's going to be blowing." I took the road bike. The sun was out and it was a pretty nice morning overall.

Got to the trail spur I normally take and there was a big road closed barrier and the trail behind it was gone. I then remembered the email I received over the weekend informing me that this section of the trail was going to be repaved this week. Completely slipped my mind. So I wound up taking about a 1 mile detour. Thankfully I left the house a few minutes early.

Was about 3/4 mile from the office when an elderly lady pulled out in front of me. I hit the brakes hard and started to take evasive action to point the bike behind her car. She then saw me and slammed on her brakes and skidded to a stop. I stuck my hand out in my best "what were you thinking?" gesture. She misunderstood my anger as a wave, and smiled and waved back. Then she proceeded on her way. Surprisingly enough, my anger quickly dissipated and I finished my ride to work without further incident.