Old 12-09-21, 08:46 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 111 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1326:

Temp was a balmy 33°F this morning, which is the warmest morning I've had in a week. The snow from Tuesday had mostly melted off, and seeing as I had a 22 mile day ahead of me I took the road bike. There were some icy spots I had to be careful with (unclip and coast across with my legs down on either side) but I made it without any issues.

Supposed to get about 40°F today and sunny, so that will probably take care of a good chunk of the ice that's still hanging around. Just in time for a huge blizzard we're supposed to get tomorrow. My wife is already in a panic about it, and asking me how she's going to drive through it to get to work. I just stared at her and asked, "You do realize that I'm going to be on a bicycle?" lol

When I arrived at the office I was locking up my bike on the rack when I heard a muffled voice from behind me. I spun around and nobody was there. I was pretty early and the parking lot was dark and nearly empty. I looked around for a minute, but finally decided I was just imagining it. I was continuing to fiddle with my bike when I heard a cough from behind me that most definitely wasn't my imagination. Once again I spun around and nobody was in sight in any direction. I was starting to get creeped out and went inside the building. A few minutes later I realized there were a couple maintenance guys up on the roof, and that's who I heard. I was relieved to discover I'm not starting to hear random voices.