Old 12-15-21, 12:08 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Once I think I have "something" new, if it really moves the pad width or stack or reach a good bit......like in a picture it looks really different, I'll monitor my sweetspot workouts in Trainingpeaks looking at the heart rate drift figure. I know day to day, training, blah blah blah..things change...but just to make sure that I didn't suddenly do something silly where I'm losing a lot of power and it would stick out like a sore thumb in a long steady sweetspot effort. Just making sure something really ugly doesn't pop up showing I lost power output.

The pad width is probably fine there, it's just you're so skinny you don't have body poking out the sides past your arms in the front view. I'm 71kg and with pretty narrow pads I can see "body" to the outside of my arms. So, you're probably good.

Once my "super extensions" come in the mail, I'll go fit test some more ideas. I'm "fixed" on my 10cm "rule" and 15deg pad angle stuff due to using fixed shims/tilts. Rule in quotes as I'm too slow to need that stuff for USAC in the US, I ain't going to win nationals ever. The super extensions can adjust the angle anything you want zero to 25 degrees. I have this "theory" that what's good for one person isn't necessarily good for another. So, I basically want to do test laps with like 5deg, 7.5deg, 10deg, and so on then see the data. Kind of like tire pressure having that drastic cutoff once you hit optimal and you go "too far".

Other idea being that in high yaw days the higher hands can sometimes be slower. So wanted to check that on a really windy day on my loop also. So, then if it looks like a high yaw TT........one angle........lower yaw TT day......other angle.

You may be fast enough with that power and body size for that to be irrelevant. Since I'm a "slower than 30mph" dude, I may find gains in that angle stuff.
Likes For burnthesheep: