Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by wktmeow
Have you tried the Giro Aerohead?

I also like holding my hands overlapping, not sure how real of a difference it makes
It's small enough I couldn't sniff it out with the Notio with out/back laps. I'd probably have to do a lot of circular laps while enabling "velodrome mode". In that lap setup I can sniff out smaller stuff. But it was under the .003 kind of threshold of difference. I did laps out/back with club hands, cocked wrist normal, and stacked hands. I think it may depend on how much angle you can manage with the 10cm/15deg rule stuff.

I have a topic going over on Slowtwitch listing all vendors of "super extensions" setups. One seller makes an overlap hand grip setup. It looks weird, but is kind of meant for that. The grip is like 75deg to the horizontal versus how it normally sticks vertical.

I'll probably buy an Aerohead to test now that I have the Notio. If it beats the beloved Tempor, so be it. But my Tempor stomped the Cerebel in a "hold still time trial pace" scenario. Whereas I wouldn't ever use one for something like an Ironman where I'm getting up to eat or reach for a bottle on the roadside table or a bottle in the BTS cages.

It annoys me the whole USAC thing of "no euro safety standard helmets unless it is also a UCI event". So what is it, does the safety sticker being US or Euro matter.....or doesn't it. As I'd love to try our a Met Drone but that's not on the "list" per se.

My Revolver trispoke replica is in transit. I found some Corsa Speed 23's in tubeless to try out also. I'll aero test all the tires I have with tubes then pick winner then setup tubeless.