Old 01-13-22, 01:31 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
Originally Posted by bigwies
Here is a picture of my bike. The steerer is uncut, so I do have some wiggle room to work with.
Also, I would love any feed back on adjustable vs. fixed rise stems. Have folks had good luck w/ adjustable stems?
steerer as it is is a huge advantage. Even as it is now, you could raise your bars about an inch, or whatever that top spacer is.
re adjustable stems, on friends bikes that have them, I've found them to be as others said, with a bit of play. But good suggestion to maybe use if you have no idea of what stem to use.
Keep in mind that bars that have rise and sweepback are going to bring your hands back a lot and up
The times I put different bars on and wasn't sure of stem, I just used existing stem to simply see how it was riding with that, and then had a better idea if a change was needed.

a good bike store should let you try different stems, they always have multiple lengths for people to try.

re tires and riding comfort, if you use tires as wide as your frame can safely take, riding comfort will be a lot better, and being a big feller, will make life easier on your wheels.